the boy with the broken stomach
"Ang pagiging ninong ay hindi isang responsibilidad bagkus ay isang biyaya. Naks!"

If there was one thing I’m proud of myself now, it’s me being a willing Ninong (Godfather). I have a handful of godchildren and counting. I like the idea of being a Ninong, a second father. It gives me this sense of gratefulness that somehow I am blessed. Now let me tell you the story of my recent baptismal rite experience – a very special one. The mother of the baby was my dorm mate during college and guess what the father was actually related to my mother’s mother side. It’s a small world after all.


I have attended several seminars conducted prior to the ceremony. But last Sunday was the most disturbing seminar I had ever heard. There was this old lady discussing some points about the baptismal rite. I don’t know if I should laugh or what but it became uncomfortable. And I quote: “…anak ng demonyo ang batang hindi binyagan…hindi siya anak ng Diyos.” Wow! What a statement. Maybe she should try a more subtle way and not too harsh. We all know that getting baptized is our way of welcoming a child to the Christian world but please be careful when doing seminars like this. You might suffocate the delicate mind of the baby.

All I can say is Welcome to the Christian world Baby Dazel! Be a good boy.

Comments
Facebook
Google +
Reactions