the boy with the broken stomach
Pinoy Short Orders

"Malamig ang simoy ng hangin Kay saya ng bawat damdamin"

And we are ninety-five days nearer to Christmas. Time pass so quickly and I hardly noticed its Christmas again. It’s the merriest time of the year where people celebrate the birth of Jesus. Not to mention the little kids excitedly waiting for Santa Claus.  Have you been naughty or nice?

Christmas is a time of joy and love. The house gets decorated by lights lantern and everything shinny and velvety as a sign of welcoming the season. I could still remember when I was in high school we always decorate our rooms with those metallic garland you usually see in the market here in Philippines. Students would sometimes bring a parol (Christmas lantern) for an extra grade. When I was in grade 5 we did a sewing project that looks like a poinsettia. One of my classmates told me mine looks like a rag. I pitied myself and almost cried but was surprised to see my work placed on the principal office while theirs on the janitor’s. And up to know my project still looks good and we've been using it every year.

Christmas brings me a lot of childhood memories. Unlike other kids, I have never enjoyed getting aguinaldo for most of my godparents. Most of them could not be reached and are out of coverage area. It’s a struggle of the child to see his long lost ninong and ninang, just to give them a hug (or more). What are the things you're looking forward this Christmas? Or are just hiding from your mga inaanak?


Comments
Facebook
Google +
Reactions